Want to send an email to your prospective customers, but not sure where to start? You are not alone! As with most things tech-related, email marketing is growing exponentially, not just with the number of service providers out there, but with the increasingly advanced tech features that are becoming the norm. The days of one email marketing service dominating the market are gone – there are SO many good ones to choose from. But how do you even begin to weed them out?
Successful online business can’t be led without email marketing. Many people know that it is very important to have a web site but having a web site is only one step in creating successful online presence. You have to stay in touch with your clients and prospects. You need to have a two way communication with your clients and prospects and best way to do this is to have an email newsletter. To send emails to your customer, you need the right email marketing software.
As you might already know, there are lots of email marketing companies out there, but only a few are able to offer the kind of services which are truly effective. Getresponse, Mailchimp and Verticalresponse are some of those email marketing service provider companies currently in the market who have developed a brilliant customer base due to their outstanding features and remarkable service they offer to their clients. With the help of these companies, many individual business owners online has managed to earn a great deal of profit and customer base. Currently, it is not possible to create best email marketing service provider list without having these in the top ten. Therefore, as for now, we’ll be focusing on these, what they offer, what they don’t, why the one is better than the other and why you should prefer one over the other.
Below will be given a detailed comparison between these three email service providers, so that you’ll know which one you should go for your first business venture.
First, let’s start with the pricing of these services.
- $15 per month for 1,000 subscribers
- $25 per month for 1,001 to 2,500 subscribers
- $45 per month for 2,501 to 5,000 subscribers
- $65 per month for 5,001 to 10,000 subscribers
- $145 per month for 10,001 to 25,000 subscribers
- $250 per month for 25,001 to 50,000 subscribers
- $450 per month for 50,001 to 100,000 subscribers
- Free plan for sending 12,000 emails per month and up to 2,000 subscribers
- $10 per month for 500 subscribers and $5/month per additional 500 subscribers
- Rate goes up as your subscriber list increases with price starting at $0.030/email
- $450 per month for up to 85,000 subscribers and 1,020 emails.
- $10 per month for 500 subscribers
- $15 per month for 1,000 subscribers
- $30 per month for 2,500 subscribers
- $50 per month for 5,000 subscribers
- $75 per month for 10,000 subscribers
- $150 per month for 25,000 subscribers
- $240 per month for 50,000 subscribers
Some of the best and unique feature Getresponse offers are as follows:
- Responsive Email Design – Getresponse offer a great and responsive email newsletter template that associate with the user easily. Although appearing to be a bit outdated, the functionality they offer is far better from any of its competitors and there isn’t any need to be technically advanced in order to customize them as per your preference.
- A worthy Free Trial – The trial offers by Getresponse is truly the most worthy trial you could ever find. You will get a full 30 day free trial without any need to enter your credit card details, which is quite unique. There isn’t any risk involved of getting your money debited from your account after the trial’s over.
- Split Testing – This feature allows you to test every email campaign and see how they are performing. You can test the details like content, subject lines, and the exact time of getting the best response. You will know how many clicks and views have been made within an hour, day, week, month or even in a year.
- Email Preview – This enables you to see how your email will appear to the subscribers in every major email client such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoomail and many more. It means you can now correct any mistakes that you can witness in the preview and make it appear more professional and attractive.
- Autoresonder – Well, no need to explain about this feature I guess if you are familiar with email marketing. If you are not, then feature allows you to send emails to your subscribers when you are not in a position to send them manually. Just schedule them and the software will send the mails to every subscriber about your latest offering and premium posts.
- Landing Page Creator – A very unique feature that you get with Getresponse where you can create hundreds of landing pages with just few clicks. You need to use third party integration in other email marketing services if you want to use this feature.
- Email Newsletter – MailChimp is able to send email newsletters and drip email campaigns from easy to use app.
- Social Network access – With MailChimp, you can easily get social network powered subscriber profiles that allow you to increase traffic on the page.
- Email Personalization – With Email Personalization, you can fill data, names, and send emails at the correct time zone.
- Drag and Drop – The Drag and Drop feature of MailChimp allows the client to design emails with pre made templates.
- Autoresponders – Autoresponder in MailChimp are messages sent based on subscriber activity such as webform being submitted, a link being clicked in a campaign, or a campaign message being opened.
- Easy to use – Well, this is where VerticalResponse shines in the start as all you need is an email and password to get started. It has a very simple design, navigation bar at the top, easy access to profile settings and the layout is quite simple as well.
- Email Design – Although the functionality of the templates in VerticalResponse is relatively weak in comparison with Mailchimp and Getresponse, it sure manages to offer really attractive designs that offer features like branding, drag and drop, personalization, social media integration and many more.
- Data importing – This feature allows you to copy contact lists, import CSV files, text files and much from other email services easily.
- Support – VerticalResponse offer support system in the means of email/ticket, live chat and social media only.
- Content management – You can create lists, group contacts , custom data fields, but cannot merge lists with VerticalResponse.
As for the features, we can clearly see that Getresponse seems to beat its competitors well by a margin due to its unique features like a landing page creator, email preview, free trial without entering card details, landing page creator and responsive email design which is very important in the email advertising. Whether it is autoresponder feature, or any other vital email marketing service, Getresponse is a complete winner over Mailchimp and VerticalResponse. Mailchimp sure manages to pull up over VerticalResponse but doesn’t seem to provide as much services as Getresponse. Even though the pricing of Getresponse is comparatively higher than VerticalResponse, the feature it offers is far superior. Therefore, if you are in a bind of choosing one out of three, then I recommend going for Getresponse. Beside, the pricing can be lower than its competitors if you choose an annual plan.
The customer support provided by Getresponse is also superior than Mailchimp and VerticalResponse. It offers a support system in the form of call support, email support, live chat along with FAQ’s, video tutorials, and Q&A section. If you are a beginner in the online business, then I suggest you go for Getresponse as you can choose free trial and use all the features of Getresponse in order to get a better idea of their offerings. While its competitors are also good in many parts, they are still far behind Getreponse when it comes to providing services to their clients.