Windows is the most popular and used operating system in world, 85% computer users using Microsoft windows operating system, Windows operating system is a friendly GUI, user can easily use the windows OS without instructions.
Recently one of my blog readers asks me “How do i turn on and off windows update”, for the solution I am writing an tutorial to turn on and off windows update on your PC.
Windows provide and facility to turn on and off windows according to your need, if you don’t have proper internet connection then you should turn off your windows update to get better internet performance & if you have proper internet connection and want every new update on windows operating system then you should turn on automatic windows update.
- Most Popular: 10 Free Online Tools to Convert YouTube Videos to Mp3
In today’s article I am going to several topics about windows:
- How to turn on windows updates
- How to turn off windows updates
- How to turn on Automatic windows updates
- How to turn off Automatic windows updates
Procedure to turn on & off windows update
1) First of all open Control panel in your windows
- If you are windows 7 & XP user then simply click on start button and select control panel
- If you are Windows 8 user then click on start button and type “Control panel” and press enter
2) Now select “Windows Update” option
3) After clicking on Windows update it will show you the current status of your windows update (It is set to be on or off)
4) After that Click on “Change setting”
5) Now under “Important Update section” select your option
- If you want to turn on windows updates then select “Install Update Automatically”
- If you want to turn of windows update then select “Never Check for updates”
6) After selecting your needed option simply click on “OK Button”
That’s It, Now your windows update status is changed according to your need, I hope you like our article on “How to turn on and off windows update”, If you have any doubt or query related to windows update or any other issue related windows then let me know by below commenting, I will try my best to solve your issue.