Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/techypassion.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/copyright-licensing-tools/icopyright-functions.php on line 635
We all are familiar with the lithium batteries which are used in the modern electronic devices(notebooks,mobiles,tablets,etc).
These lithium Batteries are widely used in almost all the gadgets. But everyone of us is curious about how to use it carefully so as to maximize its performance and extend its life with the maximum performance. These batteries generally has a life of between 300 to 500 charge cycles, after which they start to loose their performances.
These Battery companies come up with certain user-guidelines and I have outlined the most important one below:
- Do not connect or disconnect the power adapter frequently to prolong the battery-life.
- If you are using your notebook then try to run it mostly via AC as it will reduce the charge cycles of your batteries but before switching it off drain the battery upto 90%, if you use it regularly.
- There is a myth that it is necessary to fully drain the battery periodically to keep it run longer this is not true. To keep your batteries efficient do not drain them completely before you charge them. Periodic discharging process comply with the older NiMH batteries not with lithium-ion batteries.
- If you are not going to use your notebook/device longer than two weeks remove the battery from the device and store it at low temperature not lower than 10℃ . The chemical inside the battery might be affected when exposed to low temperature or may explode when exposed to hot temperature.
- Do not charge the battery fully if you are not going to use it for more than two weeks instead charge it up-to 50 to 70 percent and then store it.
- Lithium-ion batteries should not be drained fully, the optimal charge level of these batteries as said by their manufacturers is anywhere between 4o% to 70%, draining a battery fully will affect its expectancy.
- If you are planning to keep your battery not in use for more than six months then never charge it fully or discharge it fully before storing. Charge it up to 50% once in every six month.
You can keep your batteries working better by following the tips above. Let us know if you have other tips to keep a lithium battery’s life longer.