As far as specifications are concerned, the S580 flaunts a 5-inch HD display, and is powered by a 1.2GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor paired with 1GB of RAM. Also included is 8GB internal storage that can be further expanded up to 32GB using a microSD card.
The smartphone also features an 8-megapixel rear camera, 2-megapixel front-facing camera, and a 2,150mAh battery that the company claims is good enough for 19 hours of talktime, and up to 13.5 days on standby mode.
Connectivity options include dual-SIM card slots, 3G support, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, and on the software front, it runs on a dated Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The company has however promised that the smartphone will soon receive Android 4.4.4 KitKat update.
Lenovo S580 Specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 (MSM8212) processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 8.1 mm thick and weighs 129 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2150 mAh battery
At this price point, the Lenovo S580 will face some stiff competition from the likes of the Xolo Opus 3, Lava Iris X5 and the Karbonn Titanium S19 that not only offer better set of cameras, but also run on Android KitKat.