Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/techypassion.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/copyright-licensing-tools/icopyright-functions.php on line 635
WI-Fi has become very popular these days as technology is geared towards wireless connectivity. Wi-Fi stands for Wireless (Wi) Fidelity (Fi) and it makes it possible for electronic devices to transfer data without using wired connection, it’s similar to Bluetooth but at a faster rate.
Today a majority of people use Wi-Fi to connect to the online world hence, it is important to get updated on how to use it perfectly and safely.
How to check if someone is stealing your Wi Fi connection
- By checking the lights of the wireless router
Disconnect all devices that are currently using your Wi-Fi network, now check the data light indicator if it is still blinking.
- By checking the attached device list of your Router
You can also check if someone else is using your wireless connection by looking into the attached device list of your router. You can easily find the external device attached to your router by matching Mac addresses of your devices or via IP verification. To know your IP run cmd and type ‘ipconfig ‘ and press Enter .
- By using a monitoring Software
This is the best method to find the list of users connected to a network. There are many software available which can be installed on any of the connected devices and the list of users using the same Wi-Fi network is revealed.
“Who Is On My Wi-Fi” is a similar windows app of which I am talking about, with the help of this app you can easily track if anyone is stealing your bandwidth and you can limit them.
How to block an unauthorized device if found
1. Change your security to WPA2-AES
2. Create a new password this will kick out any unauthorized user of your network
3. You can use a advance software to block the ethical hackers from stealing y
our wifi password by using softwares like Moocher Hunter .
4. Always use an encrypted connection never use WEP because it is very easy to crack it.
5. Always use WPA2 or WPA if you want to be secured.